Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hummus



Hummus is pretty much a staple for me. I make it at least once a week and I love to eat it as a snack with sliced carrots. Usually I just add ingredients to my food processor until I get the right combination of flavors, so the below measurements are estimates. Feel free to add more or less of an ingredient until you get the right flavor for yourself.

2 cups dry garbanzo beans
1/4 cup Tahini
4 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 to 2 lemons
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
Salt to taste
Cold pressed olive oil

Soak dry garbanzos overnight and then drain off water in the morning. Place in slow cooker and cover garbanzos with plenty of water. Cook on low for six to seven hours or until tender.

When garbanzos are done cooking, place in a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle in a little olive oil and/or water to thin out the hummus to desired consistency and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment